How to care for your alpaca sweater
Great news! Alpaca yarn is low maintenace.
There is no need to constantly wash your alpaca sweater. Simply air your sweater after wearing (this reduces water and detergent use). Spot clean or hand wash when necessary. If you must, dry clean as well (dry cleaning may eventually start to strip the natural oils from your sweater).
One could potentially go without washing an alpaca sweater for a couple of years!
Hand washing instructions (please also see care label in your sweater):
1. Wash with mild detergent in cold water
2. Wash dark colours separately
3. Do not use bleach
4. Gently wring
5. Lay flat to dry
6. If necessary, iron at low temperature with a damp cloth
7. It is recommended that you store heavier alpaca sweaters folded instead of hanging. If your sweater gets stretch marks on the shoulders (from hanging), simply steam the area (laying flat) or iron it and it will go back to its original shape.
8. Beware of moths. Some people recommend placing lavender or cedar wood balls where your sweaters are kept. We would also suggest storing your sweater in a sealed garment bag.
9. Please do not wash your sweater in the washing machine, as the friction that occurs during the washing cycle will give your sweater a felted effect
Follow us on Instagram @studio.fform